Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pioneer Woman I Am Not

...but I have had success with another one of her recipes!.  I have her cookbook and use it all the time, but this one is from her website.  It's for Homemade Cinnamon Bread, and just like everything from PW, it's delicious.


This is my scalded and cooled butter and milk, with the yeast sprinkled on.  That would be the shadow from my head at the bottom there.  See?  Told you I don't do Pioneer Woman very well. 


The dough was pretty straightforward and easy.  Although it didn't look like it was going to turn out for a minute there:


But after the 10 minutes of kneading she recommends, with the dough hook on my mixer, it looked like this:


Much better.


In an oiled bowl to rise for two hours...


 ...then rolled out and dressed with butter, sugar, and cinnamon.

I had already gotten it into my head to make this bread, when I realized that my loaf pan is missing.  I was hoping this bundt would do the job, and it did.  I just made the roll a little longer and skinnier, and wrapped it around.


It was at this point that I realized that the recipe called for another two hours of rise time in the pan, before the 40 minutes of baking.  It was already pretty late on Friday night, and I ended up leaving it on the counter and going to bed.  A little bit of pregnancy insomnia saved us though, as the bread actually got baked sometime around 2:00 am, and it was perfect for hungry bellies by morning.


Sliced, toasted, and smeared with a good helping of butter... delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment