Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lent, So Far

Well so far we're having a beautiful Lent.  It seems simpler, more natural this year, for some reason.

The plan is essentially the same as last year, only perhaps with more attention to the big picture than the details.  One thing I've been enjoying immensely is our daily Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3:00pm.  I have no idea why it's been so long since I've prayed this prayer, but leave it to Lent to remind me.  I know we at least intended to pray it last year, but with our Lent-ish Lent, maybe we didn't commit to it fully (or maybe I blocked out last year's Lent entirely?!).  I prayed it continuously throughout my pregnancy and labor with Sebastian, so it feels like a natural fit with my growing belly once again.

Speaking of the growing belly... the nesting urges have kicked in.  Oh my, I couldn't comprehend how terrible I was feeling until I started to feel normal again.  Even at that, I've found a new normal every day, feeling better and better and with more energy.  It seemed so bad for so long, I had started to doubt my ability to take care of this house and these people!  Thank Goodness for second trimester loveliness.
Also:  Nesting and Lent get along swimmingly well ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment