Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

When I Meet This Baby...

... if she's a girl, my life will change forever, in that very instant.  I imagine what that first night will be like, as it sinks in that I'm the mother of a daughter.  A whole new world.  I think about how overwhelming that might feel, and yet how exciting.  For every thought and emotion I can predict now, there are probably a thousand more that I couldn't even comprehend.  There's so much good in store for us, if this baby's a girl.

... if he's a boy, I just might die of happiness the moment I lay eyes on him, knowing already the awesomeness that is my sons.  In him I'll see the simple beauty of boyhood, the special bonds of brotherhood that are already waiting for him, as he takes his place in our stair-steps of life.  The comfort and security of being what I already am, and having the chance to begin again.  There's so much good in store for us, if this baby's a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment