Peyton started heaving his insides out on Tuesday overnight.
He continued most of the day yesterday.
I didn't do much St. Patrick's Day prep.
By this morning he was feeling much better. I was able to run out and pick up a few things for shamrock shakes and limeade (and popsicles for Peyton), hoping to pull something festive together.
Then, this afternoon, Isaac's insides presented themselves to me on a silver platter. (actually, on the kitchen floor.) And about a dozen times over since.
I did start the day wearing green. But that was at least 4 shirts ago.
More importantly though, our St. Patrick statue made it to our home altar, and we managed to read our St. Patrick books.
And in an effort to be grateful for ALL things God puts in my life (I am reading One Thousand Gifts, after all), I am finding things to thank Him for, even in the midst of unpredictable illness:
- for the ability to care for my children, and do it well
- for so many tummies that are healthy the vast majority of the time
- for humbling me to serve them, and, therefore, You
- for a safe, clean, comfortable home in which to endure illness
- for a husband who comes home and takes the baby so I can eat dinner with two hands
- for the slower pace and low expectations that come along with a sick day
- for my washer and dryer
- for faith...that a new day will come, and it will all be okay
Happy St. Patrick's Day, and blessings to you!