Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Daybook: March 30th, 2010

Outside my window... it's still chilly, but it's supposed to be almost 60 by this afternoon. Then it just gets better and better all week. By Friday-- 80 --I can't wait.

I am listening to... the boys working on their economics lesson. Alright, alright, they're playing monopoly. Same thing.

I am wearing... I'm almost embarrassed to say that I'm wearing the exact same thing as last week. What can I say? It's Tuesday again, a day for staying home, catching up, and housework. It's a comfortable outfit.

I am thinking... about that housework. So far this morning I've done a good job of avoiding it. I plan to immerse myself in dishes and laundry when Isaac goes down for his nap.

I am looking forward to... Easter. I appreciate Lent for what it is, and am so grateful for our Liturgical year. We need these times in the desert in order to appreciate the Alleluias. Still, I'm ready for Easter. New beginnings and fresh starts.

I am thankful... for Mr. Smith. I've bitten off way more than I can chew lately and he's picked up my slack without complaining. Let me tell you, he makes a mean batch of banana pancakes (that was dinner last night).

I am praying... for Isaac. At 21.5 months he still isn't speaking. Not a single word. His doctor is concerned, and ordered an evaluation for speech delay. They do this at 2 years, so we have a few months of praying for improvement ahead of us.

I am creating... a baby. Truly exhausting work.

I am going... to get to work finalizing our Holy Week plans. I have a pretty good idea of what we're doing already, but I only want to make one more trip to the store before Easter. So I need a good solid list before I go.

One of my favorite things... is being involved in things at church. When I was a kid I never felt like I was a part of the community, I guess because we didn't attend with any regularity. It would never have occurred to me that you could have a conversation with a priest. It is so different for my kids and I am so happy about that. On Friday, Blake and I will be part of the women and children at the eighth station during the living Stations of the Cross. It's a really beautiful production and I'm glad we were asked to be a part of it.

Around the house... hmmmm. Well, it's not pretty, but I refuse to reference housework any more in this post.

From the kitchen... Tonight- chicken and broccoli stir fry. Then lots of special foods for Holy Week. I'll try to post as we celebrate.

From the school room... just the basics right now. We have a few lap books that we need to wrap up, but we've been taking it easy for awhile. We'll have to get back on track after Easter.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
-homeschool gym
-piano lessons
-finish the school room makeover
-COFFEE OUT WITH A DEAR FRIEND (special attention completely necessary on this one)
-Holy Thursday Mass
-Stations of the Cross
-finish Easter shopping
-Easter Sunday celebration

A picture thought to share...

before:
after:
Baby's first haircut. :o(
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more daybook entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment