1. An A+ on a math test is a thousand times more special with a sticker next to it.
2. Never let a 2-year-old eat Pringles on your bed.
3. Fevers can be random and scary.
4. Adoption instead of abortion is just plain common sense.
5. I am capable of maintaining physical contact with my baby for 11 hours straight, no breaks. (note #3, above)
6. A paper towel can substitute for a coffee filter, in an emergency situation.
7. There is, in fact, such a thing as too much pizza.
8. 6th grade English is where we cross the line between what comes easily for me to teach, and what I have to really think about. 6th. grade. English. Deep breath.
9. Cabin fever is a very real thing.
10. Sometimes it's okay to call it quits at noon and pile into bed to watch a movie. (Or, in my case, to close your eyes and listen to the movie while a 2-year-old flicks your nose and points at the screen.)
And I thought I was teaching them.