Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yummy

Last night Mr. Smith said, "I'm going to the store to get some food for tomorrow."
Maybe it was because I didn't want him to leave. Maybe it was because my pride wished I had gotten groceries so there would be food in the house for my hard-working husband. Whatever the reason, I said, "Oh Honey, there's enough here to get you through the day! We have bologna for a sandwich...you could put these frozen berries in your oatmeal...there's a...you can...we..."...nothing. "Wait! Here's an apple!"

To which he replied, "Is that even still good?"

To which I replied, "Sure! It looks fine."

He looked at me doubtfully, and headed for the store.

Today, I thought of Mr. Smith, with all his fresh fruits and veggies at work, when I grabbed the apple to slice it up for the kids with lunch.

This is what I saw:
Well I couldn't tell that from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment