Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas...the most wonderful time of the year. I had the best of intentions a few weeks ago, of documenting all of it. The Advent wreath, the crafts, the baking, the tree, the feast day celebrations, the boys dressed up for Christmas Eve Mass, all of it.

I hit my first glitch when we went out to the tree farm to cut down our tree. We were all bundled up from head to toe, Isaac in the baby bjorn, inside my coat. We rode the hayride out to the fields, played around in the snow, and chose the perfect tree. The boys helped with the saw, we had coffee and hot cider, and so much fun. It was the kind of stuff blog entries are made of. Well, I have my memories, and you have your imagination, because I forgot my camera.

Then came the marathon cold that crept through the house from one person to the next over the last two weeks. That slowed us down and kept us home bound during the critical last ten days before Christmas, when I would normally be doing lots of shopping and planning, and maybe even blogging. Thank God we were well enough to go to Christmas Eve Mass. The boys put on their dress shirts and ties. Even Peyton, who has an aversion to any pants that aren't sweats (he thinks jeans are "church pants") and any shirt with a collar, wanted to wear a necktie once he saw how handsome his brothers looked. They were all lined up, the little set of stair steps that they are, and I was going to take a picture right then and there, but I thought, "Wait! Let's take one at the church, in front of the tree or better yet, the completed nativity!" It would have been beautiful, but, you guessed it...I forgot my camera.

It just didn't happen and that's o.k. So I'll leave it at this- a few pictures of the season, a peek into the glorious time that it was. Living it was better than documenting it anyway.







Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment